As the world deals with the current health crisis, most travel has slowed to a crawl. The majority of leisure plans have been canceled or postponed as major parks have closed and conferences have been postponed. Different states and even countries are restricting travel with mandatory quarantines upon arrival.
Even with the U.S. Department of State recently announcing a Global Level 4: Do Not Travel Health Advisory, some travelers have essential travel that cannot be canceled. If you must pass through an airport or jump on a plane in the next few weeks, the best resources for information on how to travel are the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the local governing office of the locations you will be departing from and arriving to.
CDC recommendation for essential travel during the COVID-19 include:
- Create a travel plan that doesn’t involve assistance from the U.S. government.
- Sign up for updated information from your travel operators as flight cancellations are increasing.
- Check the risk level of the country or state you’re traveling to.
- Be prepared to be stuck in transit
- Do not travel if you are feeling sick
To protect yourself as you travel, utilize the same strategies as you would at home:
- Try to keep at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands, frequently, for at least 20 seconds
- Resist touching your face
- Disinfect surfaces that you touch, such as airplane armrests and table
TSA has temporarily waived their liquids restriction when it comes to hand sanitizer. Now, you can bring in up to 12 ounces in your carry-on luggage. It may also be a good idea to bring disinfectant wipes to make sure the surfaces you’re touching are clean.
Below are some useful resources we have put together for the essential travelers:
A list of countries with restrictions:
CDC full stance on travel:
Stuck abroad? The State Department has put out financial assistance resource plans:
We hope these guidelines and resources help if you find yourself needing to travel. At AirportParkingReservations.com, we’re dedicated to doing our part in creating enjoyable travel experiences. As always, stay healthy and safe.