Are you looking for a break from all the negative news headlines? Today, we’re serving up some good news. If you’re in the mood for uplifting content, you’re in the right place. We’ve got news that’s good for the planet, good for the people, and we’re also highlighting some good deeds being done! Know of good news? Let us know in the comments!
- The bald eagle, which was nearly extinct just a few decades ago, is now growing in population especially in Ohio.
- In Florida and Thailand, the rare leatherback sea turtles are laying more eggs across the beaches. The reduction in dogs and humans is creating an environment where they can thrive.
- More animals are getting fostered as people shelter in place.
- Iceland’s two whale-hunting companies will be pausing their hunting due to COVID-19, and this will be a countrywide pause for the second year in a row.
- The biggest hole in the ozone layer is closing.
- Air pollution has decreased significantly around the world.
- This Deaf employee at Trader Joe’s finds a workaround to reading the lips of customers.
- A real estate CEO made more than $1M from the stock market and gave it to his employees in a surprise bonus.
- Michelle Obama sends out a message of hope and promotes a new Netflix documentary coming out.
- Young inventor, Ezedine Kamil, has created inventions to help Ethiopia’s COVID crisis.
- This man is posting daily bad dad jokes on a white board to lift his neighborhood’s spirits on their daily walks as they pass by.
- 9-year old, Jayden Fadrigon, is 3D printing face shields for hospitals and his local community.
The Good Deeds
- This gym is helping recovering addicts stay clean with community while in quarantine.
- Distilleries such as Anheuser-Busch are now making hand sanitizer to meet the demands of people all across the United States.
- The Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and Rash’r, a sustainable sportswear company, are partnering to make masks out of plastic from the ocean.
- An anonymous donor donated $1M to Dignity Health Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz, requesting that the funds be distributed to everyone who works at the hospital including cleaners and technicians.
- Cast of ‘Parks and Rec’ raises $3M for COVID relief reuniting for a quarantine episode.